Welcome to the homepage of
THE OLD BARRACKS
The Old Barracks was constructed between 1870 and 1875 and served as the
Royal Irish Constabulary Barracks. It has an interesting history which can
be further looked at in the information page.
Today it serves as a Heritage Centre for the Iveragh Peninsula.
It is home to various exhibitions that relate to the local area,
including The Great Southern and Western Railway, The Life and
Times of Daniel O'Connell, The Fenin Rising of 1867, The 1916
Rising and Monsignor Hugh O' Flaherty (The Scarlet Pimpernel).
Toilets are available and
there is also a lift to all floors.